These are beautiful, simple workspaces for the home (or any lucky workplace!).
Then check out this photo of me at my desk during a homeschooling year for third grade (1976!) while my family was in Seoul, South Korea. I was ecstatic over the fact that I had a Real Office Desk at which to work.
Let's observe a few things, shall we?
- Age 8, rockin' the long sleeve under short sleeve look. That's right!
- Early on in life - creating an inspiration board (not too shabby: a ballerina, a picture I colored in, and a chart containing sparkling stars).
- Cute red pencil sharpener.
- A globe with images that have changed much since 1976.
- Let's not calculate my current age, shall we? I'm "32".
- The curtains behind me are pretty much the same pattern as the dress I wore for my eighth grade graduation from a small private school. As the only girl in my class of two, I walked away with the Best Dressed award.
Happy-Almost-Long-Weekend to you! I have no Big, Exciting Plans apart from seeing a movie or two (my to-see list includes Sex and the City 2, the Queen Latifah movie, and Iron Man 2), visiting family in Appleton, continuing the decluttering of my kitchen, and reading on the deck if the weather cools down.
What do you have planned this weekend?