have you ever been in a mind fog...where you simply can't think clearly, you view the world around you and everything in it through a distortion?
I just lived in a world of haziness for the past nine days. part of it was fever induced thanks to the flu. but a remnant was from spending time with a critical friend who is now more of an acquaintance. she used to pounce on everything I said and did, until I withdrew into myself and was unsure of everything I'd done. (this happened two years ago). I spent time with her recently for a bit, and felt transported directly back to the time when she influenced my thoughts and actions. I felt paralyzed by my thoughts and got enough work done to meet deadlines - but no extra. emails took extra thought and numerous drafts and even then, I'm sure recipients were singing to themselves..."AWK-ward!!!"
when I figured out today what the problem was and the control one person was having over me, I was able to let the haziness lift and for the first time in forever (or nine days), the fog lifted and I had a clear mind.
that clear mind led to a peace of heart and a cleaner house! I got more done tonight than I have in two weeks:
- worked late to complete a project
- grocery shopped
- cooked dinner + will enjoy homemade food this week!
- thoroughly cleaned the kitchen
- unloaded, loaded and ran the dishwasher (no mean feat when you can't think straight)
- unclogged the tub
- cleaned the tub until it sparkled!
- organized some paperwork
- did laundry
- caught up with a friend and was able to be darn cheerful on the phone - without trying!
- watched american idol and the end of biggest loser (the person voted off is so sweet. the comment at the end about "let's all be healthy TOGETHER" was the sweetest thing
- read a bunch of blogs in google reader - since I'm so far behind
The photo above is a shot of the new shelves over my desk... the office has become my favorite place in the apartment.